croydon.rocks aims to list interesting activities happening in Croydon. We’re starting with Books over Brunch, but are happy to consider other suggestions. Please use the contact form to get in touch.
Coming up . . .
Books Over Brunch – What We’ve Been Reading
The group has been established since April 2015, we met at Matthews Yard and discussed ‘Kafka on the Shore’ by Haruki Murakami on the 12th of that month. You can see what we have been reading more recently here and a selection of reviews here.
- Books over Brunch. Sunday 10th April 2022. Homegoing, Yaa GyasiA novel of breathtaking sweep and emotional power that traces three hundred years in Ghana and along the way also … Read more
- Books over Brunch, The Subplot. Mr Loverman, Bernadine Evaristo. Sunday 27th March, 2022Quietly trailblazing in its depiction of homosexuality in Britain’s elder Caribbean community, Evaristo’s sparkling, nuanced novel revolves around Barrington Walker … Read more
- The Hanged Man of Conakry, by Jean-Christophe RufinBooks over Brunch, Sunday 13th March , 2022. Smoothbean Cafe Jean-ChrisSomething has got Aurel Timescu’s attention: an unsolved and apparently … Read more
- Love Virtually, by Daniel GlattauerBook over Brunch the Subplot on Sunday, 27th February 2022. Smoothbean Love Virtually, by Daniel Glattauer. It begins by chance: … Read more
- The Plot, by Jean Hanff Korelitz.Books over Brunch, Sunday February 13th, 2022. Smoothbean Cafe. Jacob Finch Bonner was once a promising young novelist with a … Read more
- The Best of Me, by David SedarisBooks over Brunch, The Subplot on Sunday, January 30th 2022. Matthews Yard. For more than twenty-five years, David Sedaris has … Read more